What We Do > Unite People > Team Building
Team Building High-Performance Groups
High-impact team building sessions will bring your team to the next level, allowing you to make more money through people.
Synergize your teams to create high-performance units that communicate, develop and produce with coherence and confidence.
Resolve the issues that are disrupting a team from management styles to conflict resolution and communication building.
What Does Team Building Accomplish?
- Finds a compromise with the conflicts or strong personalities that threaten the cohesion of a team.
- Reveals any hidden agendas or political motivations that wreak havoc upon a team if left unaddressed.
- Breathes new life into a team that lacks communication, morale, or the motivation to work together.
- Establish a new team and understand the personalities and management styles of your team.
Does Your Team Need It?
- Are you looking for a high impact team building session that will bring your team to the next level, allowing you to make more money through people?
- See the 15 Questions and Issues we can handle with a team building session.
- Sponsor open and honest communication between teammates to discuss any disagreements, hidden agendas or office politics.
- Define and implement the strongest forms of leadership to optimize every member of a team.
- Elevate any team to its full potential.
The Team Building Process
- Initiate a team building consultation by contacting Giombetti Associates.
- We are committed to building high-performance teams by developing the untapped potential of individuals and teams. Our team building reputation is founded on getting to the root cause of an individual's or team's ineffectiveness, dealing with real team issues, breaking down barriers, energizing teams, and elevating individuals and teams to the next level. Our whole team building interaction is centered on helping individuals and teams to understand their personality and behavior and how to manage it more effectively. The process described below can be augmented, depending on our clients' objectives and the circumstances of the training.
- Each participant goes through the Performance Dynamics assessment and feedback process to understand their own personality, how to manage it to greater effectiveness, and how it clearly helps team building or breaks it down. We believe that effective team building begins with each individual and a greater self-awareness of their own personality and its impacts on others. If the company is local to Springfield, MA, the assessment and feedback sessions can be done on-site and in person. If your firm is out of our area, the assessments can be done through the mail and feedback done on the telephone. See our Assessment Methodology for a detailed description of our process.
- The assessment results are summarized on a spreadsheet and group averages for all twenty personality and behavioral traits are calculated. The collective assessment results are analyzed and very quickly issues within the group are targeted and training needs identified. From this information, as well as from dialogue with the participants and the project leader, the team building interaction is developed and customized to address the very specific needs of the team.
- At this point, each participant has already been assessed and given individual feedback. The team is brought together in a group format for a team building meeting that can be as short as 6 to 8 hours, or as long as 2 1/2 days, depending on your goals, objectives, and the issues within the team.
- Regardless of the duration of the interaction and the content of training, it always begins with a review of each of the twenty behaviors measured by Performance Dynamics. They are presented in "scattergrams". For example, if you have twenty participants and we were discussing "Social Skills," the scattergram would have twenty anonymous dots illustrating where each participant scored, as well as the team average. This is a major discovery process, as each participant understands how they impact the group and where their level of social skills falls, in relation to the rest of the team. High and low scores would be discussed as they relate to overall team effectiveness, where and how improvements need to be made, and the impact that high and low social skills scores have on team building. Specific goals and objectives would be developed in terms of managing social skills to greater effectiveness. An extensive discussion would be held regarding the team's ability and willingness to interact, focus on and value of social skills in building relationships, and the danger of being too task-focused, introverted, or self-absorbed in one's own work flow. This type of dialogue continues with the rest of the twenty behaviors and brokers extensive discussions that move the team to the next level of understanding of each other and greater effectiveness as a team.
- Following the discussion of each behavior are the units on "Effective Communication" (click here for link to unit summary) and "Team Building" (Click here for link to unit summary). Effective Leadership, Building Trust, Interpersonal Relationship, Conflict Management, Effective Decision Making, Delegation, MBO, (Management By Objective), Constructive Discipline, Implementing Change, and Performance Appraisal are just a few of the other complete units available. In each unit, participants discover how their personalities impact the team, how to manage it to greater effectiveness, and how the team can be more effective in that particular area.
Price of Team Building
- All team building interventions and trainings are priced on a project basis.
- Project cost is influenced by the number of participants, the number of assessments and feedback sessions involved, the length and duration of training as it relates to the Giombetti Associates consultants' time, and the time for preparing all training manuals and customer presentations.
- For further information, please contact Giombetti Associates.