What We Do > Unite People > Conflict Management
Conflict Management and Mediation
Resolve the conflicts that disrupt morale and create unnecessary tension.
Turn to an objective, outside mediator to establish the facts of a conflict and facilitate the best solution.
When is Mediation Necessary?
- When you have two or more people, or an entire department that doesn't get along?
- When emotions, personalities, and "water over the dam" are creating conflict or causing conflict to go unresolved or avoided?
- When you need to mediate when the parties involved:
- Are too close to the issue to establish effective solutions
- Have strong, dominating personalities that threaten compromise
- Are unable to communicate
- When you may not have negotiation skills and are struggling with conflict, or when intervention is dangerous to a relationship or your leadership ability.
How Can Giombetti Associates Help?
- By determining not only the objective facts of a conflict and integrating Performance Dynamics assessments of personality and behavior to affect the greatest resolution.
- By creating self-awareness and relationship skills to produce a long-lasting solution- and prevent further conflict.
What Does Conflict Management Look Like?
- Initiate conflict management and mediation by contacting Giombetti Associates or by calling us at (413) 566-3863.
- Each person involved in the situation goes through our Performance Dynamics assessment process and receives individual feedback. We measure very concretely five conflict handling personality traits that exacerbate or help resolve conflict. During the interview portion of the assessment, we gather information regarding the situation and circumstances at hand. We encourage the appropriate reporting relationship(s) to also go through the assessment process. Often times the "boss" and his or her perceptions and influence can be a significant part of the conflict. We objectively sort that out. See our Assessment Methodology for a detailed description of our proven process.
- The parties involved in the conflict are brought together in a meeting and their personality profiles are overlapped. The differences in personality, styles, and the root cause of the conflict are quickly and clearly identified. The discussion centers around understanding the other person's approach, developing a greater appreciation for each others' strengths and style, and how to better manage their personality as it relates to the compatibility and incompatibility of their personalities. This process facilitates very open and frank conversations by the participants and is an excellent forum to get people to open up and say what's really on their mind. We discuss very specifically the five conflict handling personality traits to help individuals manage themselves more effectively. We focus on how the group manages conflict, and we make suggestions and recommendations on how to do so more effectively.
- All conflict interventions are customized, depending on the circumstances and objectives of the project.
- Our interventions always include an individual assessment and feedback session for each participant, usually followed by a meeting of the parties involved.
- Please contact us to discuss your specific circumstances so that we can provide you with a quote for the project.